British Made Round Wood Fuel Briquettes for Wood Stoves and Fireplaces
- 100 % British made;
- Smaller size of ca. 1.19kg / briquette - fits wide range of stoves;
- Mixed hardwood and softwood timber for easy lighting and long burn;
- Low Moisture: 9.8 %;
- High calorific value: 16.499 MJ/kg;
- Free economy delivery to most addresses in the UK and islands. Customers in Northern Ireland will receive an equivalent wood briquette product in 15kg bags. Click here for delivery details;
- Full and part pallets can be collected from our depots in Livingston, West Lothian and Flaxton, Yorkshire for a discount of £60 off any pallet size product.
1 - 3 briquettes should be loaded at any given time, depending on the size of your wood burner / stove. Because they burn much hotter than logs and expand in the fire, it is important not to overload your fire box. Loading to about half the capacity is usually ideal, but try and see what works best for you.
How to start a fire?
- Open air flow fully;
- Place 1 or 2 wood firelighters in the middle of the grate and build with kindling a “jenga” or “tent” structure on top and light the firelighter(s);
- Close the door for a few minutes until a fire is properly established;
- Once properly established, add 1 log (or smaller parts of a log) to steadily build your fire;
- When the fire is burning really hot, lower the airflow;
- Refuel as required;
- DO NOT overload your wood burner / Stove, as these briquettes burn much hotter than normal logs! Start with just 1 briquette until you’re familiar with its performance.
- Make sure the briquettes DO NOT touch the glass of your stove and the door is properly closed.
Recommended for all types of fireplaces, wood and multi-fuel stoves and log boilers.
Heat release time
This will be different for each individual appliance and can range anywhere from 1 hour to over 4 hours. It will depend on: Air inflow setting, Number of briquettes loaded, Outside temperature, Size of appliance
Delivery on 7.5 tonne vehicles is now limited to pallets weighing 750 kg or less, which includes 3/4 pallets, half pallets and quarter pallets. Delivery on 12 tonne two axle vehicles is available too. Please telephone or email us if you would like this delivery option.
Gravel, grass, uneven ground, limited access?
Add a heavy duty sack truck to your order for only £44.99 and easily move up to 325kg in one go from the pallet to your store - that's a £75 value. Sack truck dimensions when assembled are 35 x 40 x 130 cm. Limit one per customer please. Note: sack truck is sent separately and takes approx. 4-5 working days to arrive; contact us to arrange delivery of your pallet after you receive the sack truck.
- Darker wood colour;
- Each 8.33kg bag contains either 6 or 7 heat logs (total quantity and weight unaffected - see below)
- Size of one briquette is 230-250mm x 75mm and the weight of one briquette is ca. 1.19kg;
- Full pallets of 120 packs (1000kg) delivered on pallets measuring 120 x 100 cm;
- Pallet sizes:
- full pallet: 120 x 8.33kg 7 log packs = approx. 1000kg;
- 3/4 pallet: 90 x 8.33kg 7 log packs = approx. 750kg;
- half pallet: 60 x 8.33kg 7 log packs = approx. 500 kg;
- quarter pallet: 30 x 8.33kg 7 log packs = approx. 250kg;
- sample size: 2 x 8.33kg packs;
- Custom sized and mixed pallets available - please contact us for details;
- The pallet is shrink-wrapped.